Looking for a Calton case-- to buy new or used before July 31.

506 reads
David Brain's picture

My band is off to Europe in August and I need a flight case, preferably a Calton I think.   I'd order one from a dealer, but the web says that they need 60-90 days to deliver one.  60 days is cutting it close, 90 won't work-- we fly on July 31.  

Does anyone have a case to sell, or know of a dealer that would have cases in stock that would fit my black Beard?

Or perhaps there is another brand that someone would recommend?  I'd love to find one with a TSA approved lock.

Thanks.

David Brain

None

Comments

David Brain's picture

Wondering, too, what people think of the Hoffee vs. the Calton case.  They seem to be able to deliver a Hoffee much quicker.  They are apparently a little lighter in weight, but they also seem to be a few hundred dollars pricier.

farmers corner's picture

Having tried to find a fiberglass/carbon fiber case recently myself, I learned that there is long wait for a custom flight case, and trying to find a used one is difficult, as most are custom fit to a specific instrument, and the chances of your Blackbeard being a close enough fit may be remote. The conclusion that I came to was to get a Case Extreme made. https://www.casextreme.com/

Bruce will make it right away for you, the price is very reasonable, and the protection is better than you will find anywhere else. It is well thought out, and I am very happy with mine. I have an excellent Glenn Cronkhite soft case that I fit inside the Case Extreme, but you can have one built to fit over your hard case if you like.

Happy travels

Brian

Lakeview's picture

I ripped the foam out of a case and cut my own high density but still soft foam using an electric carving knife (like butter!!!) I'm sort of clumsy but it still worked perfectly

Brent Libhart's picture

Hi David,

I sent you a private message, but I have a fiberglass flight case made by Gary Price available for sale.  He is best known for his banjo cases, but will accommodate just about any instrument if you send him a tracing.  They are very sturdy, with a ton of storage space.  Ihad mine made for my large body Fishook reso, so it should fit a Blackbeard, I would think.

McPickin's picture

Pegasus Cases, Sam Gifford.

dan

User login